Welcome!

As a survivor of abuse and trauma, I understand how difficult life can be at times. I hope that you will learn new ways of coping each day, so that life becomes not just a way to survive, but an opportunity to thrive!


AMONG the ASHES will be available November 19!

My mystery, Among the Ashes, will be available November 19, 2011 in paperback and e-book versions. It tells a suspenseful story about a young woman who struggles to understand why she suffers from the anxiety and depression that go along with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). For more information, visit www.cheryldenton.com.


Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Your Top Ten Fears

This week, we begin a new series about gaining confidence. I have titled it Confident in God's Hands. Today, I would like to consider what we fear the most, because we cannot develop greater confidence as long as fear reigns supreme in our lives.

Mankind's Top 10 Fears
I looked online at lists of fears that other writers and scientists have compiled. To my surprise, some of my fears didn't make the top 10 list. And some things that terrorize the average person don't bother me in the least.

For example, I'm afraid of running through poison ivy, probably because I'm so allergic to it that it causes breathing difficulties. Poision ivy wasn't even on any of the lists I reviewed.

On the other hand, I could care less about finding a spider in my bathtub or bed. Creepy crawlers that would make most men scream like little girls don't scare me at all. And yet, fear of spiders is on most of the top 10 lists.

What scares you the most?
What are you afraid of? Death? Public speaking? Or maybe snakes and sharks? I would really like to know what your top 10 fears are. Please use the comment section below to send me your top 10 phobias. If you receive my blog via email, just send me a reply. At the end of the week, I'll reveal my readers' most common fears. Don't worry, I won't identify you!

Today's Challenge
Sit quietly today for a few minutes and write down in your journal what your top 10 fears are. No matter how silly they may seem, write them down. Over the course of the next four weeks, we'll work on eliminating or reducing the impact of as many of your fears as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment